This is Hard. I'm Lazy. I Quit.

Monday, August 10, 2009
46,000 words. The dreaded two thirds point. I've set up my characters, established my plot, pushed through the turning point, but I'm not quite ready for the conclusion.

I hate this part.

It's a lot of hard work.

I was stuck for a month before I finally whipped out three chapters. Now I'm stuck again. And I hate it. I feel like I'm dragging the story out of me like a three year old dragging around a yowling cat instead of it flowing from my fingers.

Do you ever feel this way? What do you do to fix it?

3 comments:

  1. Amber, I'm at 42k, and I feel EXACTLY the same way. A friend suggested I take a few weeks off and just read some good books while my subconscious figures things out. I might just do that. And then again, I might just keep trying drag this thing out. I love it, but it's killing me. It is hard. I am lazy, too. But I won't quit. Hope you don't!

  1. Glamis: No. I won't quit. But sometimes it feels good to say that I could. I hope you break through!

  1. glovin said...:

    I might just keep trying drag this thing out. I love it, but it's killing me. It is hard. I am lazy, too. But I won't quit. Hope you don't!

    --
    glovin
    Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...