{Review} The Shadow Throne by Jennifer Nielson

Monday, February 3, 2014

Jennifer A. Nielsen takes readers on an extraordinary journey in this final installment of the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling Ascendance Trilogy.

War is coming. . . . Join Jaron as he embarks on his final adventure!

{Review}
I was lucky enough to score an ARC from Netgalley. For those of you who have to wait until release day, all I have to say is nener nener nener. 

Just kidding. Mostly, I just feel bad for you. Because I've checked to see if this book is up for sale probably every month (I'm an author, that's like synonymous for scatterbrained). And I don't have to wait anymore. But you do. *hands over the tissues*

Really though, if you read and loved the first two books in the series, The Shadow Throne will not disappoint. Jaron stays true to himself and his clever, trickster nature. He's still loyal and kind to a fault. Always looking for the good in everyone. I love that about him. Love that his strength isn't in his muscles, but in his mind and his kindness. 

The romance was perfect. I can't say more without spoiling things for you, but I will say that the resolution couldn't have been better. 

If you haven't started the series yet, what are you waiting for? This is a must for fantasy lovers. And for those of you who don't like fantasy, you should especially give this one a chance. Jennifer Nielson's voice is very accessible. The story is about the characters and the plot, rather than heavy-handed world building. 

I can't wait until they make this into a movie! 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I preordered the last book months ago. Now I want to read it even more! :)

  1. David is dedicated. Netgalley is an amazing way to read many books.

  1. David: You should join Netgalley. I think you'd like it.
    Sheena: I know! I was so crazy excited when I scored a copy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...