I'm excited about writing again.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I've had some ongoing health problems in the past 6 months, and honestly, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever have the same passion for writing that I once had. I sat at my computer and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. Editing was the worst. But since receiving some hope from my agent and getting healthy, I'm writing hard again. I want to have 200 pages totally edited in less than 2 months. I'm averaging around 10-12 pages a day, depending on how much work needs done.

At that rate, I should meet my deadline.

Right now, I'm wondering if I want to rework the two chapters that switch to the hero's POV. What do you guys think about an occasional switch (for a chapter) to another character? Does it bug you to read it, or does it add insight into another character's thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Both of my novels switch back and forth from different character's POVs. That's how I structure. I write 3rd person limited. So chapter one of Monarch is Lilian, chapter two is Devan, chapter three is Nick. Then back to Lilian. The order gets jumbled up a little throughout, and at the end, I combine POVs into one chapter using breaks, but it works with what I have done with the plot.

    I am glad you are feeling better. I cannot write if I don't feel good. Still hoping on good news from your agent!

  1. You know me; I like switching povs, so long as there's only one per section. I think it's disorienting if the author only does it once or twice, though. Maybe that's why I do it all the time.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...