I don't do New Years Resolutions.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Why is it that every year people ask me what my New Years Resolutions are? I've never been able to understand the concept. Seems more like a procrastinators way of trying to get something done.

I'm kinda the opposite of a procrastinator. I'm a git 'er done type a girl. Why?

Because then I don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm free.

I set goals all the time, and I work at them daily. So just to silence all the queries, here's my current list:

1. Finish editing Witch Song and submit it to my agent before my baby is born.
2. Finish all my "nesting" cleaning (in case you're wondering--that means completing the 50 bullets list of things like: wash down all the walls in my house, clean out the garage, vacuum all the corners, wash the floorboars/windows/cupboards . . . you get the idea).
3. Apologize to husband and other children for ignoring/abandoning during said cleaning and try to make it up to them.

And last, but not least:

4. Find more joy in my life (I WILL FIND IT! Even if I have to kill someone to get it!)

1 comments:

  1. I don't do resolutions either. I just get things done when they need to get done. If I set a resolution, that's a sure-fire way to kill the excitement and turn it into something that won't get done.

    I hope you get more joy. You can find it. It's there, and you know it. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...