Double spacing after periods and other random info

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Michelle had some great tips on her post: http://theinnocentflower.blogspot.com/2009/01/sounds-of-silence-almost.html

I'm posting my thoughts here.

She mentions that double spacing after a period is old school. We just do one now. If you've made the mistake of doing it throughout your novel, just do a find and replace. In the find type two spaces. In the replace type one. It will fix the whole thing with minimal effort. And you will type faster. Always a plus.

She also has the great idea of making a location Thesaurus--a first hand account of certain locations for use in our novels. I think it's a great idea. Head over to her blog if you have any first hand experience with certain places. For instance, my sister-in-law has lived in Spain, Columbia, Brazil, Boston, and Washington DC. She'd know if the city was noisy, dangerous, dirty, poor, sprawling, tall, etc.

1 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the exposure of my blog! I want more traffic on there for the Location Thesaurus.

    Yes, the Argyle's are good looking, I'll agree! So glad my daughter has that blood in her. Hehe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...