May 17th, 2010
Whether you're a struggling writer, or just studying to be one, you probably know that there's a lot of rejection in your future. But don't be dismayed, rejection happens even to the best. Here are 50 well-respected writers who were told no several times, but didn't give up.
1.Dr. Seuss: Here you'll find a list of all the books that Dr. Seuss' publisher rejected.
2.William Golding: William Golding's Lord of the Flies was rejected 20 times before becoming published.
3.James Joyce: James Joyce's Ulysses was judged obscene and rejected by several publishers.
4.Isaac Asimov: Several of Asimov's stories were rejected, never sold, or eventually lost.
5.John le Carre: John le Carre's first novel, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, was passed along because le Carre "hasn't got any future."
There are 50 authors listed. All of them are FAMOUS. Click here to read the rest of the article.
I'm in good company at least. :)
- Don't forget to sign up to review Witch Song.
- There's some serious internet bullying going on here. Please, please, please stop it. I know she made a mistake. A big one. But she's outnumbered hundreds to one, and many of the comments are nastier than she ever was. Take the higher road. Be the better person.
- My muse has evidently decided that it's too cold to come out and play. *insert chocolate here*
- Where do you find new book releases?
- I've decided I need an agent. Someone please shoot me.