The Hero and the Crown

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I just reread Robin McKinley's The Hero and the Crown. Truly a classic. This is one of those books I want to own. I couldn't help compare the voice of 1984 to the voice of fantasy writers now. There were a lot of flashbacks in the first half of the book. Some show versus tell. Also, it took forever for us to actually here the main character's name. Things that would never pass now. But I loved the main character, Aerin.
A new discovery was Chosen by Ted Dekker. I thought the beginning could have been done better, but after that the story is wonderfully done. A definite read.
So, what are you reading?

1 comments:

  1. I am reading Children of the Star by Sylvia Louise Engdahl.

    She recently updated it on the reprint and it is very very good.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...