If Fire and Thorns was fantastic, Crown of Embers was mind blowing. I couldn't stop reading. My life was literally on hold while I burned through the book.
I'll be rereading both books.
|Things to know:|
1. Take the total number of pages and divide by the number of questions.For each 12 pages, write a question.(from: Sher Smith Ross, Librarian, www.mtbaker.wednet.edu/library/ar.htm)
2. Write a question for each section of the book.
For example: Book=120 pages
4. How to Add Teacher-Made Quizzes to AR
1. To go to the Quizzes screen, click the Go menu and select Quizzes.
2. Click the Reading Practice tab toward the top of the screen.
3. Click the [Add] button.
4. In the Select Quiz Number dialog box, click the Quiz number that you would like to use for your new quiz; then, click the [OK] button. (You will need to scroll down to see some Quiz numbers.) Quiz numbers 900-1399 are reserved for Teacher-Made Quizzes, so you can add up to 500 quizzes. Only Quiz numbers that have not been used will be shown in the dialog box.
Note: If more than one teacher is creating quizzes, you may want to assign different Quiz numbers to each teacher, especially if the teachers are using different Accelerated Reader databases. Since two quizzes can’t use the same Quiz number, you will not be able to import a Teacher-Made Quiz from another teacher if your database already has a quiz that is using that Quiz number. You can only import quizzes from other teachers if you are using the same Accelerated Reader serial number as those teachers.
5. The Add Teacher-Made Quiz dialog box will open with the General tab selected. In this tab, click in the fields (blanks) and type the title, author, a book level between 0.2 and 12.9, and a word count. (The word count is necessary if you want Accelerated Reader to calculate point values.) Then, click the drop-down lists to select the book’s language, interest level, fiction or nonfiction, and the number of questions you want in the quiz.
The number of questions determines the passing percentage for the quiz; the passing percentage is 60% for 5-question and 10-question quizzes, and 70% for 20-question quizzes.
Interest levels show the grade range for which the book’s content is appropriate. You can select from:
“Unknown,” “LG” (lower grades, K-3), “MG” (middle grades, 4-8), or “UG” (upper grades, 9-12).
Note: To obtain an ATOS book readability level, go to
6. Next, click the Questions tab. You will see a list of questions, each labeled “New Question.”
The number of questions has been determined by the number you chose on the General tab.
7. Click the first question; then, click the [Edit Question] button.
8. The Edit Question dialog box will open. Click in each field (blank) and enter the question, the correct answer, and the alternate answers. Accelerated Reader will shuffle the answers each time it presents the quiz to your students. When you finish entering the answers, click the [OK] button to close the Edit Question dialog box and return to the Add Teacher-Made Quiz dialog box.
9. Notice that the first question in the list now shows the text you entered for the question. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each additional question in the quiz.
10. When you have finished entering the questions for the quiz, click the [OK] button in the Add Teacher-Made Quiz dialog box. The quiz you added will appear in the list at the Quizzes screen. --AR Manual, p. 32